Last item for navigation
Code Compliance

Code Compliance is a division of the Community Development Services Department and is responsible for enforcing a number of ordinances of the City of Auburn. This involves public nuisances that may include junked vehicles on private property, tall grass and weeds, junk, etc.

It also includes ensuring that the proper permits have been issued for construction of projects, land clearing, grading and filling of property, placement of signs, and that businesses are operating in compliance with the City of Auburn Zoning Code.

The City of Auburn welcomes phone calls or other communication that alerts us to possible civil code violations that may be occurring in your neighborhood, such as any one of the options below:

  • Please call 253-931-3020, selecting Option 4, if you wish to report a violation;
  • Take a photograph of the property of concern and email it to Code Enforcement along with an address;
  • Fill out the Code Compliance Complaint Form and click the 'SUBMIT' button at the bottom of the page to email the completed form to Code Enforcement.

If your concern is with a parking (abandoned car) or animal issue, please call the Auburn Police non-emergency line at 253-288-2121.

Mortgage Holder Owned Vacant Properties

The City of Auburn takes the issue of vacant properties very seriously due to the negative impact they can have on the surrounding area. Your Code Compliance staff will work hard to resolve these issues once they are brought to our attention. In many instances the property owners or mortgage holders are out of state and are slow to respond, or have hired property preservation companies who are not consistent with the necessary maintenance and security requirements.

If you own a vacant property, it is important that you are aware of your requirements as an owner.  Please see Auburn City Code 15.20.100.  Please complete the required Vacant Property Registration Form.